Monday, January 07, 2008

Seasonal Affected Disorder!!!





About 5 years ago my parents bought this little piece of crap house in Idaho, they bought it for about $50,000. We spent the first summer remodeling and basically rebuilding the house. The second summer we played and in August my siblings and I decided to purchase a boat! For the last 3 summers every weekend you can find us at Bearlake with what has become quite the set up. Paddle boats, Canoes, Kayaks, A water trampoline, barbeques, an RV, Multiple Tubes and a Boat! What could be more fun! We didn't really think through the timing of having a baby, I am due in the Middle of JULY! There goes my wakeboarding till August! I think it is worth it, don't get me wrong, it still sucks though!

We have become the family in St. Charles that every other town member hates! I can't blame them, every weekend 40 rowdy people showing up with Motorcycles, go-carts, and a ton of illegal fireworks that have missed burning down the neighbors house by inches on multiple occasions...But, we have a good time.

I am thankful that my parents have decided to create this type of inheritance and a place that the 22 grandkids can go each week to get to know each other and really become the best of friends! I am thankful I have such a great family that everyone is friends, there is no funk, there isn't any "elephants in the living room" type things. Everyone takes care of everyones kids, and loves each other...

No comments: